When sensitive data is logged inadvertently
DataSet offers a number of mechanisms for redacting and discarding data at various points in the ingestion pipeline. However, sometimes sensitive information does make it into DataSet. There are two options to rectify this:
- DataSet can implement a log masking rule which will exclude certain lines from any search results, based on a search filter. To do this, please send the following information to email@example.com:
- A search filter which matches the lines containing the sensitive information. Please try to make this filter as narrow as possible, so as not to exclude lines unnecessarily.
- A start timestamp and end timestamp - be sure to include the time zone (ideally in UTC time). We will filter out logs that fall within this range.
- The email address of the team containing the data you wish to filter.
- Alternately, we can delete all logs that are older than a given point in time. Needless to say, this is a much more blunt solution, as it will make all logs before that point in time unavailable. To do this, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the timestamp including time zone.