DataSet is a SaaS solution that manages and stores data in our own S3 buckets. However, if you must host your data in your own data center and/or keep the data for an indefinite period of time, we are now providing an option to bring your own S3 bucket for data storage.
Please refer to the following configuration instruction
1. Decide on a name for your bucket.
It must begin with scalyr-epochs-, for example, scalyr-epochs-YOUR_COMPANY_NAME.
2. Create that bucket in the correct region (us-east-1 for app.scalyr.com account and eu-west-1 for eu.scalyr.com).
3. Bucket Settings
- Do not enable AWS-provided encryption; encrypt the files client-side and AWS encryption will slow down our (parallelized) downloads.
- In the Permissions settings, enable the Block all public access setting.
- In the Bucket Policy setting, paste the following text with your bucket name inserted:
For example, a company named "Farm Fresh Food" would list these Resources:
4. Send us your bucket name; we will configure things on our end & test the configuration.
5. Once everything is working, we will respond with an "OK" to begin sending data to us.
6. Within five-to-ten minutes after you start sending data, you should see DataSet data files appear in your bucket.