Note: to use this feature you must have the New UI enabled.
Pie and donut charts display the relative proportion of different values in a field. In DataSet, these charts are built using PowerQueries.
Here are the steps to create a pie or donut chart, using a PowerQuery which illustrates parser coverage, i.e. how many logs are being parsed by each parser, and how many have no parser assigned.
!(source in ('scalyr', 'tsdb'))
| group count=count() by parser
The first line is a filter that excludes some of the built-in DataSetdata sources, and the second line groups the remaining lines by the
Once you have the finished query, select the entire query and copy it.
2. Go to the dashboard where you will add the new panel, or create a new dashboard.
3. Click the "+" at the top right of the dashboard and select "Pie Chart"
4. In the edit panel which appears, enter a title, and paste the query into the "Filter" box. Hit OK.
5. The new pie graph will appear on the dashboard. Click and drag near the top of the component to move it around. Click and drag the right side, bottom side, or bottom right corner to resize.
6. If you wish to change this from a pie to a donut, click the three dots at the top right of the component, and select "Edit JSON".
donut and hit OK.
8. The dashboard will now display a donut.