If your organization uses team accounts (as in, log volume is siloed into separate teams), you can review the log volume consumed by each team with the following dashboard. Please note that team accounts are not the default configuration, so if you have any questions:
- Review the DataSet team accounts documentation: https://dataset.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053894753
- Confirm with a DataSet administrator at your organization that team accounts were established, and if so
- Request access to the master account
- Access to the team account via its email address by clicking the "User Menu" -> "Manage Users & Teams" -> "Teams". Enter the primary account in the "Account to Use" field and click "Set Link". You should now see the team account displayed beneath your name in the top right of the Dataset UI
Confirm that this dashboard will work by running the following search query:
account=* tag='subsidiaryLogVolume' metric='logBytes'
If no log events are returned, you are either not viewing logs from the team account or your organization was not set up with team accounts.
Note: This dashboard is only for organizations that use team accounts. The default account configuration is a single account for all organization logs. If the latter applies to your organization, please use the "log Volume" dashboard by clicking the "Dashboards" option -> "log Volume" to review log volume.
Installing a new Dashboard
This process requires that you have "full" or "user" access to your organization's primary account. This is because the team account structure will "bubble" log volume data up to the primary account.
- Click the "Dashboards" option -> "New Dashboard"
- On the new dashboard (which will be empty) click "..." -> "Edit JSON"
- Paste the dashboard configuration (below) into the JSON editor
- Click the "Save File" button, then click "View Dashboard"