Mark O'Brien created this excellent video which explains some of the best practices and pro tips for navigating your data with the Scalyr search.
With Scalyr, searching is not limited to text. Customers can also graph the values extracted from their data for maximum observability.
We've included the individual chapters from this video (in case there's a specific topic you'd like to learn more about).
- Using the log overview page
- Accessing the Search page
logfileparameters (and how these dynamic fields apply to k8s)
- Facets (attributes)
- Inspect fields
- Highlighting log text via Inspect Fields
- Switching display between Search and Graph
- Graphing values of numeric fields
- Time range
- Interpreting the graph (time periods, event distribution)
- Using the Save menu
- Using the Share menu
- Live tail
- Display settings
- Time selector
- Build query (free text)
- Regular expression searches
- Searching fields (case sensitive)
- Boolean logic w/ multiple statements
- Wildcard Searches (and how to invert)
Please sign in to leave a comment.