If you're interested in configuring SSO with SAML for your DataSet account, contact the DataSet support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let us know which SSO provider you will be using (Okta, ADFS, G Suite, etc.)
Choose an SSO Organization Name
We'll begin the process by providing you with an SSO organization name. This organization name is used within our configuration and will not be displayed to end users. Or, you can choose an SSO organization name, provided it meets the following criteria:
- Alphanumeric characters only
- Minimal length, whenever possible
- This is a case sensitive field, so lower case characters are preferred.
- Matches (or is very similar to your company name). For example, if your company is Blah Test Network, Inc., the SSO organization name would simply be "blahtestnetwork"
In either case, you will need to confirm the SSO organization name with the DataSet support team before proceeding, as it needs to be configured on our platform.
The SP Entity ID
Once the SSO organization name has been chosen, it is implemented as part of the SP Entity ID. For example,
- US: https://www.scalyr.com/sp?organization=MYORG
- EU: https://eu.scalyr.com/sp?organization=MYORG
- DVUS: https://app.us1.dataset.com/sp?organization=MYORG
Where MYORG is your selected organization name. The SP Entity ID can now be incorporated into the SAML metadata you configure.