Google (G Suite) Domains
IMPORTANT: SSO will only function if the email address you use to log into DataSet is the same as your G Suite address. In particular, if you’re using a + name in DataSet, such as “firstname.lastname@example.org”, you won’t be able to log in using SSO. You can contact us at email@example.com to change your DataSet login address to match your G Suite address.
To establish SSO using SAML for DataSet login using an Administrator account and navigate to the Admin console:
1. Sign into the Google admin console at https://admin.google.com.
2. In the Admin console, go to Menu Apps Web and mobile apps.
3. Click Add App Add custom SAML app.
4. On the App Details page:
- Enter "Scalyr" as the app name
- Upload the app icon. Click "Continue"
5. Download the Metadata file and send the file to the DataSet support team (firstname.lastname@example.org). Also, tell us the organization name you chose earlier. Click "Continue".
6. In the Service Provider Details window, fill in:
- ACS Url (US): https://www.scalyr.com/acs
- ACS Url (EU): https://eu.scalyr.com/acs
- Entity Id: Use the SP Entity ID, which you should have received from DataSet in the email message containing these instructions.
- US: https://www.scalyr.com/sp?organization=MYORG (replace MYORG with the organization name provided by DataSet support). For more information, visit this page.
- EU: https://eu.scalyr.com/sp?organization=MYORG (replace MYORG with the organization name provided by DataSet support). For more information, visit this page.
- Select Email from Name ID Format dropdown
- Select Basic Information > Primary email in the Name ID dropdown
- Click Next.
7. You can leave everything blank on the next page (attributes mapping) and click "Finish".
8. The last page shows the app is successfully created. Remember to turn the user access to "on for everyone" to complete the process.