If you need to install a particular version of the Scalyr Agent for compatibility reasons, please follow the steps below.
- Install the DataSet repository on your platform: Debian / Ubuntu or CentOS / RedHat. Please note that only the repository should be installed; do not install the Scalyr Agent package yet.
- Install the Scalyr Agent package with the =VERSION suffix as follows (where VERSION represents the Scalyr Agent release version, such as 2.0.58, 2.1.1, etc.)
- Debian / Ubuntu: sudo apt-get install scalyr-agent-2=VERSION
- CentOS / RedHat: sudo yum install scalyr-agent-2-VERSION
- If you are running Ansible or Chef, similar functionality is available via the respective package modules