Connect Sentry to DataSet to:
- See exceptions in the stream, in real-time
- Search for exceptions
- Login to Sentry.
- Navigate to Settings > Projects and select the appropriate project.
- On the left side, select Legacy Integrations.
- Please scroll down to the Webhooks integration, click the slider toggle to enable it, and click Configure Plugin.
- Under Callback URLs’, enter the link below with your write-API-token. The hostname and logfile are assigned via the parameters of the API. These values are configurable. (The example below uses "app.scalyr.com" for the US cluster; for EU use, "app.eu.scalyr.com". We also use "sentry" for the hostname and "/var/log/sentry" for the file location)
- Click Save changes.
- Enable the integration if necessary by clicking Enable Plugin.
- You can search Sentry events in DataSet with the following:
- Source: "sentry"
- Logs: "/var/log/sentry"
If Sentry errors are missing from DataSet, your Sentry Webhook probably isn’t triggering. This could be caused by:
- Alerts are only sent when a rule is triggered:
For example, if the rule condition is when “an event is first seen”, an alert is not dispatched until a new issue is created. Depending on how many unique issues your project receives, this can take some time.
- The notification integration is disabled:
Ensure that the notification integration is enabled under the rule actions, either as the specific service, or covered under “all enabled services”.
Please sign in to leave a comment.